Saturday, October 17, 2009

Electraeon Ducati Superbike Throttle Cam Review

After high siding my CBR a few years back, my right wrist has never been the same. I love my Duc, but it is brutal on my wrist. I think having to regrip to hit full throttle contributes to the pain. So at the beginning of the season I installed the Electraeon throttle cam. With the riding season drawing to a close here in Colorado, I have had some time to reflect on this mod.

Bike: 1999 Ducati 748

Price: $47

Installation:

  1. Remove right side fairing
  2. Unbolt stock cam
  3. Replace with Electraeon cam
  4. Adjust throttle cable slack
  5. Test ride!

Pros:

  • No need to regrip to get to full throttle.
  • Hit full throttle faster (Read: FUN!)

Cons:

  • Jerky on/off throttle response exacerbated by the new cam.
  • Need to be more careful on cold tires, or in the rain.
  • More effort needed to twist the throttle.

Bottom Line:

Thus far this is my favorite mod—it is certainly a hell of a lot of fun in the canyons. But, as with many mods there are trade offs. In the off-season I need to work on some ways to eliminate the glitchy on/off throttle response.

Buy it here:

http://www.electraeon.com/throttlecam.html

No comments:

Post a Comment